How to copy a Fedora system?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Apr 20 13:30:53 UTC 2006

On Thursday, April 20, 2006 1:12 PM +0100 Timothy Murphy
<tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie> wrote:

> I checked a few of the files that got the lsetxattr warning,
> and they seemed to have no attributes before or after, eg
>
> [root at alfred tim]# lsattr -v /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
> 1424857363 ------------- /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
> [root at alfred tim]# lsattr -v /mnt/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
> 2312123006 ------------- /mnt/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
>
> So I guess the warning just meant something like:
> "if you did have any attributes set they would not have been copied".

I think my reference to lsattr was a red herring, and that those attributes
are "standard" ones stored in the inode. The extended attributes are viewed
with "getfattr -d filename". (The -d is to dump all EA's to the screen.
"man getfattr" for details.)