Can't "make" ?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Apr 23 22:52:08 UTC 2006

Antonio Olivares wrote:
> --- Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
>

>> I'm not sure what's happening here or why?  It
>> appears to want
>> "KBUILD=/lib/modules/" added to the "make" command?
>> Perhaps my syntax
>> is wrong?  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>>
>> [root at box4 ndiswrapper-1.12]# make
>> KBUILD=/lib/modules/2.6.15-1.2054_FC5/build
>> make -C driver
>> make[1]: Entering directory
>> `/root/download/networking/ndiswrapper-1.12/driver'
>> Can't find kernel build files in
>> /lib/modules/2.6.15-1.2054_FC5/build;
>>   give the path to kernel build directory with
>>   KBUILD=<path> argument to make
>> make[1]: *** [prereq_check] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/root/download/networking/ndiswrapper-1.12/driver'
>> make: *** [all]
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Bob Goodwin
>>
>> --
>>

> Bob,
>    kernel-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 is the one which causes
> lot's of trouble.  You need to update it to a later
> kernel.  I have also tried to compile to the directory
> suggested, but it always gave error.  When I yum
> installed new kernel I did not get that problem.
> There was no kernel-devel package released I believe
> or if there was it does not work.
>
> I did an ls of /lib/modules/2.6.15-1.2054_FC5/ and
> build and sources were red when using terminals.  I
> guess that meant that they were not existant even
> though I thought that I installed kernel-devel package
> as well.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio
Thanks to all who helped.  I was able to get the Linksys WMP54G
"wireless" adapter
working with ndiswrapper and the drivers on the Linksys CDROM.

Now I have two FC-5 boxes and an HP6840 printer running via the Netgear
WGR614 router
which also connects my daughters Mac to the RF link via an ethernet port.

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia