installation help

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sat Apr 1 16:27:48 UTC 2006

On Sat April 1 2006 11:14, Craig White wrote:
> I'm not sure that was helpful

Everything below is good advice, but, if it were I, I'd still try
cleaning the cd-rom first. The tip-off in his post was the fact
that he passed the media-test with one disk a first time, and
failed when he checked the same disk the second time. Old
cd-roms are pretty notorious around here, where I have to keep
up with around 100 machines, some of which are very old. Your
suggestions are good, but if he's dealing with a flaky drive,
it's not going to matter.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA