Atheros Based Cards and Network Manager

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Sun Apr 2 02:31:05 UTC 2006

As I continue to read this LUG, I am finding out that you can create
configuration files to work with Atheros-based wireless cards in FC5.  I
cannot find my wireless card (a Linksys wpc 55ag) in Nework Manager.
How do you create these configuration files to get these wireless cards
to work and where are they placed?  I currently am using FC5.  One other
point - and perhaps this is just my opinion: it is totally unacceptable
for an operating system to not even be able to find a wireless card
(which worked perfectly in FC4, I might add) to not be detected, never
mind getting it to work.  I understand that FC5 has just been released,
but if you have a major investment in wireless cards, they should be
able to work once you install the proper drivers.  In my opinion, this
is a major show stopper which should have been fixed by now, especially
since a new kernel has already been released.  Well, enough of my
ranting.  Nevertheless, if this problem is not fixed soon, many people
are not going to use FC5 on laptops.