How to install LVM partition?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 2 04:22:02 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 16:47 +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
> # vgdisplay -v
> bash: vgdisplay: command not found

The moment I get an error message like that I usually presume that it's
a command you need to be the superuser to use (especially if it has
anything to do with managing the system).  Though I don't immediately
try it as one, I first do things like look for it in the /sbin
or /usr/sbin directories to make sure, and read manuals.

I see many people report "command not found" errors while following
someone's advice, and few seem to bother to check on this before posting
back to the list.

I read messages from the public lists.