SElinux

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Sun Apr 2 13:55:32 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 14:32 +0100, Leon wrote:
> Robert Locke <lists at ralii.com> writes:
>
> > On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 12:22 +0100, Leon wrote:
> > <snip>
> >>
> >> Mplayer can play the file. But I can only hear sound no video. This
> >> file plays fine when I set selinux to permissive. But I'm not sure if
> >> this is an issue because the file is located in a reiserfs partition.
> >>
> > <snip>
> >
> > Last I looked, reiserfs does not support SELinux....
> >
> > --Rob
> Thank you Rob.
>
> I have moved the file to ext3 partition, the problem is still there.

Try doing a "restorecon filename" to see if that helps.  Otherwise, you
would need to find out what context it "needs to have" to actually
correct the problem.

Did you use the pre-packaged mplayer from extras?  I would think that
the %post scriptlet in the package would set the correct context or have
put the files in a place that would get the correct context set
automatically....

--Rob