SElinux

Leon sdl.web at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 14:22:42 UTC 2006

Robert Locke <lists at ralii.com> writes:

> On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 14:32 +0100, Leon wrote:
>> Robert Locke <lists at ralii.com> writes:
>>
>> > On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 12:22 +0100, Leon wrote:
>> > <snip>

>> > <snip>
>> >
>> > Last I looked, reiserfs does not support SELinux....
>> >
>> > --Rob
>> Thank you Rob.
>>
>> I have moved the file to ext3 partition, the problem is still there.
>>

> Try doing a "restorecon filename" to see if that helps.  Otherwise, you
> would need to find out what context it "needs to have" to actually
> correct the problem.
>
> Did you use the pre-packaged mplayer from extras?  I would think that
> the %post scriptlet in the package would set the correct context or have
> put the files in a place that would get the correct context set
> automatically....
>
> --Rob

Mplayer only has problems using the rm codecs. It plays wmv and mov
files without any problem. I have tried realplay10 to play the same
file, no video either. I tried with online rm files such as those in
news.bbc.co.uk, no pictures. All these issues disappear when setting
selinux to permissive.

BTW, I didn't know there is a pre-packaged mplayer in extras. Where
can I get it? I'm using the one from livna.

Cheers,
--
Leon