Gmail Thunderbird Configuration

Ali Helmy alihelmy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 18:25:55 UTC 2006

On 29/03/06, Ali Helmy <alihelmy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29/03/06, Neil Cherry <ncherry at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > Ali Helmy wrote:
> > > Hey...
> > >
> > > I tried
> > > [ahelmy at Laptop ~]$ telnet pop.gmail.com <http://pop.gmail.com> 995
> > > Trying 1.0.0.0...
> > >
> > > and that is what i got... but why is it that my dns isnt working? it
> > > works with everything else!
> >
> > 1) Don't top post (posting on top of a message like you've been
> >     doing) instead add you comments in the message like I'm doing
> >
> > 2) Did you really get 1.0.0.0? Or did you change that? If you got
> >     1.0.0.0 then your ISP is playing games. Instead try 66.249.83.109
> >     instead of pop.gmail.com and 66.249.83.111 instead of
> >     smtp.gmail.com
> >
> > --
> > Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com
> > http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
> > http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                     My HA Blog
> > http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ <http://home.comcast.net/%7Encherry/>
> > Backup site
> >
> > --
> >

> I really did get 1.0.0.0...
>
> i tried 66.249.83.109 but all i got was
> trying 66.249.83.109
>
> --
> A. Helmy

Hey mates,

I just thought of something now... the error I get says "Connection
Refused", and I noticed that during the retrieval process, and all the way
during the setting-up an account, I was never asked for my gmail password,
so could my thunderbird account fail to connect to gmail because my FC login
password is not the same as the GMail password?

I mean, where & when DO i enter my gmail password to get messages from my
inbox?

Cheers

--
A. Helmy