SElinux

Benjamin Franz snowhare at nihongo.org
Sun Apr 2 20:38:14 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Les Mikesell wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 10:04, Craig White wrote:
>
>> As for SELinux making a system 'unstable' - I can't envision a scenario
>> that SELinux would do that.
>
> Frequency of updates is a good metric for stability.  How many
> SELinux updates have been issued since it was experimentally
> included in fedora?

A Google search for

site:www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/ "Fedora Core 3 Update: selinux-policy" -archive
gave 24 matches from Nov 2004 to Nov 2005.

site:www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/   "Fedora Core 4 Update: selinux-policy" -archive
gave 33 matches from June 2005 to now.

There were on the order of 630 total updates issued for FC3 - and just
under 10% of them mentioned SELinux in their information.  FC4 has very
close to the same numbers (circa 620 updates, about 9% involving SELinux
in some fashion).

--
Benjamin Franz

If you can't handle reality, it *will* handle you.