newbie: howto install mplayer codecs

Rickey Moore wayward4now at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 2 20:21:53 UTC 2006

Nat Gross <nat101l at gmail.com> wrote:
>Now, in order to take this route (first I need to be convinced that yum will >update it in the future) I will need to 'yum remove mplayer*'? Will that clean >what all that yum did?

rpm  -e mplayer would do it.
But, as the mplayer rpm at their website sez, it's for RedHat and Fedora.
Whether that is accurate or not is beyond me. It works, I use it with great satisfaction and I choose to do it that way. But, a walk on the wild side, a daily dose of larceny, or cheating on your taxes, keeps life just marching along.
Hence my handle "Wayward4now" <cackles> Ric

   ...the Sin of Ignorance, and
   ...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/