Installing FC5 on pre-partitioned /dev/hdb

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Apr 2 22:35:31 UTC 2006

Greetings, here comes YARADD (Yet Another Rant About Disk Druid) or
whatever that beast is called now.

Howinhell do I use it to do absolutely nothing more to /dev/hdb, which I
have already partitioned the way *I* want it, based on the useage
pattern I already have on /dev/hda, but to simply remember the mount
points name for the construction of /etc/fstab?

I want to do an install onto /dev/hdb, and when its done, just move the
stuff in /dev/hdb1 (/boot) over to /dev/hda1(/boot) edit the grub.conf
and do a dual boot setup.  Or maybe even just edit the entries in
grub.conf to point at (hd1:0) for the rest of the FC5 boot.

>From the text screen this so-called disk configurator makes it rather
hard to assure one that its dealing with the partition you selected
from the list as anytime you press ok, /dev/hda comes back up
highlighted.  Thats damned poor form IMO, it should revert to
highlighting the partition being addresssed at the moment.

So how can I bypass this "thing from hell" and get to actually doing the
install, and do it where I want it?

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: