SElinux

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 01:43:46 UTC 2006

--- Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 13:20 -0500, Les Mikesell
> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 10:04, Craig White wrote:
> >
> > > As for SELinux making a system 'unstable' - I
> can't envision a scenario
> > > that SELinux would do that.
> >
> > Frequency of updates is a good metric for
> stability.  How many
> > SELinux updates have been issued since it was
> experimentally
> > included in fedora?
>
> FC2 had strict policy disabled by default. FC3
> targeted policy had a
> dozen or so daemons. FC4 had 91. FC5 has a whole new
> reference policy
> and other changes and there has been a steady inflow
> of policy updates
> in every release.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/FC5Features
>
> Rahul
>
> --

 When it comes to SELinux, Fedora/RedHat lead the way,
in the other post, I mentioned SUSE also because I
read that they were incorporating it into their
distro.  Their efforts are not as strong as Fedora's
as this from

http://selinux.sourceforge.net/devel/kernel.php3

states that other distros that want to incorporate
SELinux into their work it is

As noted on the Userland Packages page, there are a
number of userspace packages with patches for SELinux
in order to leverage the SELinux kernel features.
These patches must be ported to the packages included
in a new distribution. When porting to a new
distribution, it is likely best to port the latest
SELinux patches from the Fedora Core development tree,
as it has the most complete and up-to-date set of
SELinux patches presently.

http://selinux.sourceforge.net/distros/others.php3

Regards,

Antonio