cdfs

Boris Glawe boris at boris-glawe.de
Mon Apr 3 11:29:32 UTC 2006

Jacques B. wrote:

>I'm trying to install the cdfs module on FC5 (obtained from
>http://freshmeat.net/redir/cdfs/1122/url_bz2/cdfs-2.6.12.tar.bz2).
>However when I issue the make command, I get the following error (I
>substituted the actual user directory name with <userdir> for privacy
>reasons):
>
>make -C /lib/modules/2.6.16-1.2080_FC5smp/build
>SUBDIRS=/home/<userdir>/Desktop/cdfs-2.6.12 modules
>make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.16-1.2080_FC5smp/build: No such file or
>directory.  Stop.
>make: *** [all] Error 2

This is usually a link to your kernel sources. In my case (and probably
in anybody's case) this link points to
/usr/src/kernels/2.6.16-1.2080_FC5-i686

If this directory does not exist, you do not have your kernel headers
installed. You can check that with the command

"rpm -qa" which lists you all packages that are installed on the system.

With " rpm -qa  | grep kernel" you can search for all installed
packages, that have the string "kernel" in it's name. If you don't see
any packages with the name kernel-devel, run the command

yum -y install kernel-devel

which will automatically downdload the package and install it. If there
are any prerequisites it will also automatically download those and
install them

greets Boris