residual Promise tattooing confuses FC5

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Mon Apr 3 16:48:01 UTC 2006

     Interestingly we have a second machine here which has never
had hardware RAID installed on it. The machine was always constructed
with software RAID partitions yet the FC5 installer can't find these
software RAID-1 partitions. Fortunately, we discovered that by
passing the installer 'nodmraid' the md partition with the FC4 root
linux installation becomes visible to the installer. Is anyone else
finding that they have to disable dmraid to have their old software
raid partitions found by the FC5 installer (specifically on machines
which have never seen hardware RAID partitioning on their drives)?
                Jack