slow FC4 to FC5 upgrade

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Mon Apr 3 17:39:03 UTC 2006

Paul Howarth wrote:

>> On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 15:45 -0500, Henry Hartley wrote:
>> > $ yum remove kernel-devel-2.6.12-*_FC4
>> >
>> > Figuring that 15 was too many to remove at once so just remove
>> > these 5.  Same error.  In fact, attempting to remove just one
>> > kernel-devel package resulted in this error.  Is there another
>> > way to remove them that may work?
>>
>> Try:
>>
>> # for kd in $(rpm -q kernel-devel); do rpm -e $kd; done
>>
>> Also get rid of as many old kernels as you can.

That command took a while.  In fact, it was still running when I left
work on Friday but by the time I came in today it was done.  Also, once
it was finished, the automatic yum update that ran early Saturday
morning seems to have updated all the things waiting to be updated.  So,
it looks like I'm good.  Thanks for your help.

--
Henry