Installing FC5 on pre-partitioned /dev/hdb

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Apr 3 18:08:22 UTC 2006

On Monday 03 April 2006 13:43, Craig White wrote:
>On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 13:27 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Monday 03 April 2006 12:18, Sjoerd Mullender wrote:
[...]
>> >I maintain, it's all there.
>>
>> It may be on *that* screen, but thats not the screen one would
>> intuitively use for that.  Those options should be fully available
>> at the top of the drive prep menu, and I don't have a quarter to
>> call somebody who *thinks* they are simplifying it for Joe & Jane
>> Sixpack and tell him/her thay they are an idiot for doing it
>> preemptively, long before one is even thinking of how the target
>> drive is to be prepared. Just like the organization line in my
>> headers, absolutely none.
>
>----
>there is a mechanism for providing feedback...bugzilla. I've read it
>here many times...it's not a bug if it's not in bugzilla.

Yes, and the dubious geneology of bugzilla has been discussed here, at
length, many times in several, often unprintable languages.  It maybe
is improving from my last meeting with it, but simple it isn't.  Most
(including me) would rather not have a brainless script second, third,
or forth guessing what it is we're trying to say.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: