YUM CRASHES WILL BLOW AWAY CACHE DOWNLOADS. GUARANTEED!

Greg Kilfoyle greg at kilfoyle.com
Mon Apr 3 22:40:31 UTC 2006

It appeared to me that the default cache retention behavior changed with
FC5 (from FC4) and that you can turn retention back on by changing
the /etc/yum.conf file.

I ran into some dependency issues and sure enough, the next time I ran
yum all the previous downloads were gone. I changed it to retain cache
files and things worked as before.

I don't have my FC5 system in front of me so I can't provide the exact
config line that needs changing.

Cheers, Greg.

--
Greg Kilfoyle <greg at kilfoyle.com>