VMware and Fedora Core 5

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Apr 4 02:52:14 UTC 2006

>      In fact, where do you install this update 101 driver? I was able to
> unpack this patch (tar), but where do I install it?

You've installed the vmware rpm, as you said....right?
But, you need to run vmware-config.pl before you can use it....but that
will fail.  So.....

1.  Download vmware-any-any-update101.
2.  su -  to become root.
3.  tar -zxf vmware-any-any-update101.tar.gz
4.  cd vmware-any-any-update101
5.  ./runme.pl
6.  run vmware-config.pl

There may be other questions to answer when the scripts run...but I
can't answer them fully.  I've not had to do this since I only run FC5
as a guest.  I only needed the "tools" update in my guest.

The vmware forums have all the answers.

--
In the Halls of Justice the only justice is in the halls.
		-- Lenny Bruce