Samba

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 10:40:40 UTC 2006

2006/4/4, Roger Grosswiler <roger at gwch.net>:
> > Roger,
> >
> > I have a RH7.3 server set up and Samba works great. I access it from my
> > Windows XT machine via my network places.
> >
> > I have set up Samba on FC5. Workgroup is supervisor (For some reason it
> > will not take caps for supervisor) Security authentication mode is User.
> > Encrypt passwords yes with no guest account. I set a user as Unix name
> > dps2300 windows username dps2300 samba password 12345678. I did do a
> > smbpasswd for dps2300 as 12345678 also...
> >
> > On the windows machine in my network places I can see Samba Server
> > (Fedora5). When I click on it, it shows me a list of directories
> > available. I click on it and it asks for user name and password I put in
> > dps2300 and 12345678 and it does not allow me in. States it is not
> > accessible.
> >
> > I can click on my RH7.3 and get right in...
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Dan Shelstad
> > Birchdale Fire & Security, LLP.
> > 218.838.1359

I have a similar problem and I don't have Selinux activated
I am logged as same user on two computer on same network: when I look
in the computer I see homes and Progetto, I can enter in Progetto and
see files, but if I click on homes I get a message that Content of
folder cannot be seen-

This is my samba.conf file.Any comment??

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2005/03/22 08:49:21

# Global parameters