Wiring help?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 4 16:55:32 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 09:04 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
> As I understand it, the reason for the pair arrangement is based on
> the older 4 pin phone connector and cross talk reduction between
> pairs.  This is described in the Google link provided by Ed Greshko.

Yeah, I read the article, but I still find it rather dubious how it
suggests that spreading the wires across the pins, will reduce crosstalk
significantly differently than just simply running the pairs next to
each other.  With one of the pin outs, the one starting from the middle
and spreading outputs, seems that it'd be the worst possible
configuration, to me.  Untwisting the pairs isn't a great way to reduce
crosstalk, nor would be overlapping half the pair across something else.

I read messages from the public lists.