2.6.16-1.2080_FC5 and SELinux

Eric Brunson brunson at brunson.com
Tue Apr 4 21:21:15 UTC 2006

What's up with the 2.6.16-1.2080_FC5 build breaking all my 3rd party
software?

I spend several hours yesterday tracking down a problem with ICA client
from Citrix that was related to selinux and relocatable text permissions
and last night I found that VMWare wouldn't run, either.  I played
around with it a little, but finally ended up booting back into the
previous kernel.

Is the 2.6.16 build being more stringent on selinux enforcement?  It
seems odd that the older kernel will allow these programs to run with no
change in security policies.