Wrong page orientation when printing in firefox. SOLVED.

Erik P. Olsen erik at epo.dk
Tue Apr 4 22:15:37 UTC 2006

Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> Recently (yesterday) firefox has started printing landscape when
> portrait was selected. That is the orientation of the sheet whereas the
> page is formated portrait as normal. In this way the print comes out in
> landscape format but the top of the page is not printed. It is the other
> way around if I choose landscape as page orientation.
>
> This is with print on my HP LaserJet 2200 printer and firefox only! All
> other print comes out normally. But when I print firefox pages on my
> other printer HP Photosmart 8450 the output is normal, no wrong page
> orientation.
>
> What can be wrong? I am running FC 5, i386, with the latest updates (as
> of today) and still incorrect output from firefox.

OK, I found the culpret. It was a file named .lpoptions which for some unknown
reason was inserted in my home directory with the following contents:

Default LaserJet orientation-requested=4
Dest Photosmart
Special Advanced%20Faxing%20Tool%20(ksendfax)
Special Mail%20PDF%20File
Special Print%20to%20File%20(PDF)
Special Print%20to%20File%20(PostScript)
Special Send%20to%20Fax

After the file was removed printing went back to normal again.

--
Regards,
Erik P. Olsen.