Samba

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 4 22:51:15 UTC 2006

antonio montagnani wrote:

> sorry for having started this thread...I find Samba not easy to set
> up, and iptables is running.

I'm a newbie Samba user as well, and just recently managed to get
my system working properly. It is emphatically not easy to configure.

The fact that many of the knowledgable people here are also factious
is not your fault :-)

> Anyway, someone asked what I am trying to accomplish: I will explain
> and I hope to be clear, even I am not english-mother-tongue.

That's all anyone could ask.

[snip]

> Now I will go through documentation and see what I can find.Tnx for
> help to anybody.

Good hunting! Some on this list notwithstanding, finding usable
documentation on Samba is not easy.

> And as the day has been very long, I will revert to you tomorrow morning

Pleasant dreams.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.