fedora and the aacrad driver

peter at earthboundmisfits.net peter at earthboundmisfits.net
Tue Apr 4 23:36:04 UTC 2006

I have been beating myself up over this problem. I have googled and emailed and
can't find any info on how to fix it.

I have a Dell 830 with an CERC SATA raid controller. I can get the system to
install just fine but once the install finishes I cannot then get it to boot. It
gets to a poit where it loads the aacraid module, shows the scsi disk
allocations, determines sda is the root disk, and then hangs. The odd part is
that it is still taking keyboard input. I can press enter and get a newline. I
haven't seen this behaviour before.

Does anyone have an idea where I can look for debugging info or a fix for this
problem?

If I missed the obvious resource, I am sorry. I am new to fedora and plugging my
way through.

--peter