Installing patch for VMware Workstation 5.5 For Linux

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Wed Apr 5 02:51:21 UTC 2006

Hello,

     I tried to go to the WMware website to find the patch
wmware-any-any-update101 update but cannot find it.  Where can I go to
get this patch?  Also, when compiling the software in /usr/bin, I get to
the point in the installation where it asks for a C compiler.  I am
currently using the latest kernel in FC5 and when I look for the path
suggested in the installation, it is not on my computer.  I am using
rpm's to install vmware, but when I get to this part of the installation
(where it asks for the compiler), I am sitting dead in the water.  What
can I do to resolve this situation?  Thanks in advance.