configuring scponly for users

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 13:05:45 UTC 2006

Hey friends,

I want to put some users in chroot jail and permitting them only sftp and
scp commands.

I downloaded scponly latest version 4.6 and added one user with its shell as
/usr/bin/scponly.

I cannot login into through user and everytime I get

WinSCP: this is end-of-file:0

But the problem is that when I logged into through gftp using SSH2 protocol
the user was able to move around means he was able to go into the different
directories like /var/ /opt etc.

What is want is to restrict some users to their home directories and give
them only scp and sftp commands ?

Please help me in configuring such a scenario.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover