Yum No Match for argument: ndiswrapper -

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 5 13:33:05 UTC 2006

Bob Goodwin wrote:
> It seems to me I read that yum provides ndiswrapper but I have met with
> no success.  I first tried Yumex
> since it lists available RPM's.  Nothing there either.
>
> This is a new FC-5 installation  and perhaps not configured for the
> required repositories?
>
> I did download a tarred" copy which I can install if there's no RPM.
>
> This is part of an effort to install a Linksys WMP54G "wireless" adapter.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bob Goodwin     Zuni, Virginia

[root at gstpc-fc4 ~]# yum list ndiswrapper*
.
.
.
Available Packages
ndiswrapper.i386                         1.10-2.lvn5            livna

It is in the livna repository, so install/enable that repo and you will
be able to install it from rpm.  I installed it both ways on a laptop
trying a similar thing and it worked the same either way, but I think it
is good to use an rpm whenever possible.

Gerry