Yum No Match for argument: ndiswrapper -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at officeonweb.net
Wed Apr 5 15:19:00 UTC 2006

Gerry Tool wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> It seems to me I read that yum provides ndiswrapper but I have met with
>> no success.  I first tried Yumex
>> since it lists available RPM's.  Nothing there either.
>>
>> This is a new FC-5 installation  and perhaps not configured for the
>> required repositories?
>>
>> I did download a tarred" copy which I can install if there's no RPM.
>>
>> This is part of an effort to install a Linksys WMP54G "wireless"
>> adapter.
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Bob Goodwin     Zuni, Virginia
>>

> [root at gstpc-fc4 ~]# yum list ndiswrapper*
> .
> .
> .
> Available Packages
> ndiswrapper.i386                         1.10-2.lvn5            livna
>
> It is in the livna repository, so install/enable that repo and you
> will be able to install it from rpm.  I installed it both ways on a
> laptop trying a similar thing and it worked the same either way, but I
> think it is good to use an rpm whenever possible.
>
> Gerry

I am going from bad to worse!  I can't "make"  ndiswrapper from the tar
because it wants "2.6.15-1.2054_FC5/build" which I don't seem to have
and/or can't find.

Neither yum nor yumex will work with Livna, can't find the mirrors for
whatever reason. I've replaced the /etc/yum.repos.d/ files with what I
saved from fc4 which did work.

I have two computers, this Linux box that needs the wireless adapter
installed and a Mac that needs the router attached and setup and I can't
do anything because my basic tools don't work, very frustrating.

Can anyone provide me with a copy of the required yum configuration file
that works and/or  "2.6.15-1.2054_FC5/build?"

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin