How to add items to the desktop right click menu

Ben Tobias tuxfan at btecc.com
Wed Apr 5 17:13:33 UTC 2006

Mike McCarty wrote:

> Malcolm Northcott wrote:
>
>> On previous versions of Fedora the top item on the desktop right click
>> menu produced a terminal window. Under FC5 the top item now produces an
>> empty folder on the desktop. I'm tired of filling my desktop with empty
>> folders, and would like to restore the create terminal command to the
>> top of the menu list. Does anyone know how to change this menu.
>>     Thanks,
>>         Mal.
>>

> Even better!
>
> http://linux.rasmil.dk/cms/modules/news/
>
> Mike

Okay.  That is great.  I have been used to opening terminal windows with
the right click for years.  I have to ask: why was it removed?  Is it to
keep "ordinary users" from having access to it?  Adding it back with the
command mentioned at the above link is easy enough but I really question
the wisdom of removing it in the first place.

Ben Tobias