Swat: Using swat corrupts share's path variable?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Apr 5 18:30:01 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 10:22 -0700, Dan Thurman wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I had a predefined smb.conf file and it worked fine.
>
> However, when I used swat to diddle with the shares,
> swat seems to have dropped shares from the drop-down
> selections and also changed the path variable to
> /var/spool/samba?
>
> Is this normal?
---
I don't know - I gave up fooling with swat years ago as way too limited
and like webmin, will mess up a neatly organized smb.conf file.

I would hope that using swat wouldn't remove shares that are already
properly defined...that would be bad.

isn't /var/spool/samba where they put tdb files? I think that is the
intent though on RHEL 3, RHEL 4, FC-3, FC-4 they seem to put them
in /var/cache/samba which seemed to be a Red Hat packaging issue and the
topic of some consternation on the samba mail list. I would hope that
Red Hat packaging would have adjusted to /var/spool/samba with the
release of FC-5 by putting the tdb files there instead
of /var/cache/samba.

Craig