Shared Libraries

Don Flinn flinn at alum.mit.edu
Thu Apr 6 04:54:42 UTC 2006

I recently upgraded to FC5 and a program that ran under FC4 has trouble
running under FC5.  The error message is:

[flinn at flinn bin]$ ./CmapTools
awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
/bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
/home/flinn/IHMC_CmapTools/bin/../jre/bin/java: error while loading
shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

The libraries exist as links in /lib.  What do I have to do to make
these libraries visible to the program?  I also tried to install another
product and got the same error.  Both programs are targeted at Linux.

Thanks
Don

--
Don Flinn