Java / Tomcat / Jython Problem running on FC4

Klaasjan Brand klaasjan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 06:51:50 UTC 2006

On 4/5/06, Charlie McVeigh <cmcveigh at adelphia.net> wrote:

> I have an interesting problem trying to deploy a Java web application to
> my instance of Tomcat running on my FC4 machine.
>
> org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Could not instantiate
> class [com.ithc.web.mvc.admin.ScriptUploadController]; constructor threw
> exception; nested exception is org.python.core.PyException: null
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "<Parser.py>", line 7, in ?
>   File "C:\eclipse\workspace\iTHC\WEB-INF\jython\Lib\tokenize.py", line
> 31, in ?

If your WAR file refers to this directory to load the python sources it's
obvious someone hard-coded a path.
Just search all your source and configuration files for the
eclipse\workspace reference and try to use a solution without need to
hard-code paths. (Class.getResource and friends).

This problem has all of my colleagues stumped as well - especially since
> the .war file works unchanged for them on the other OS's mentioned
> above.  I would appreciate any thoughts that any of the Java Gurus on
> the board may have.

Maybe you copied the Tomcat configuration file from the windows machine and
forgot to update a path set in the web application via JNDI? Maybe you have
to put the path in the JNDI context and it's not there and this was a
fallback put in by someone too lazy to set up a more production-like context
on the development machine?

Klaasjan