Questions about the new mount system: "gnome-mount"?

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Thu Apr 6 10:33:33 UTC 2006

Around about 06/04/06 00:19, J. K. Cliburn typed ...
> Xine seems to be able to find the media well enough, but I haven't yet
> had occasion to burn a CD/DVD under FC5, so I don't know if K3B can
> find it.  I presume it "just works" with K3B, since a cry of protest
> hasn't arisen to contradict that presumption.
> "This is progress," I keep telling myself...

   I'm not going pro or anti this at this stage, as I'm still on FC4, but
xine/k3b/etc. should be OK as they'll be accessing the raw device (e.g.,
/dev/dvd) not the mounted fs, esp. in the case of burning (k3b).

   I can see it may become a tad annoying from a command-line point of view,
but it's not significantly different from the USB-stick [etc.] /mnt → /media
jump which started using device IDs instead of fixed (but potentially
different due to counting) names, and I think I prefer that.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature