Quanta on FC5 shows wrong accented characters

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 6 15:06:16 UTC 2006

Rex Dieter:
>> I'd suggest starting with installing the mostly-unicode-ready
>> dejavu-fonts (from Fedora Extras)

Paul Smith:
> Yes, Rex, that did the trick. Thanks!

Do, also, check that your HTML declares what encoding you're using, in
some way, as well.  Else you're depending on your viewer just happening
to be using the same as your author, rather than it being explictly
declared.  The moment you use a different viewer, if might have
different defaults.

It's too easy to get tricked into "it worked when I tried it" and forget
about other things.

I read messages from the public lists.