dual booting XP and Linux

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Apr 7 02:20:22 UTC 2006

Mike McCarty wrote:

>>>I found it easier to let the WinXP boot manager chain load GRUB
>>>than the other way 'round. MicroSoft products like to be in
>>>charge. While GRUB+Linux is not a good match, it is a reasonable
>>>match, and works pretty well, whereas GRUB+WinXP is a poor match,
>>>and the WinXP boot manager is a pretty reasonable tool.

>> That's nonsense.
>
> How can *you* know better than *I* what was easier
> for *me*?

You made a general assertion that "Grub+Linux is not a good match"
(what on earth does that mean?),
and that "Grub+WinXP is a poor match".

These are not simply statements about what was easier for you.
They are general propositions which you presumably believe to be true.

They are not true.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366