dual booting XP and Linux

Stephen Esquibel s.esquibel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 02:28:51 UTC 2006

I agree, and that is the method I took.  The only thing is that I didn't
overwrite the MBR on the Win drive, and I had my bios boot to /hdb.  But I
had an issue with Anaconda to where if the other drive was connected it only
allowed me to write Grub to the first sector of /hdb1 (with partitions).  If
the drive was disconnected, the MBR of hdb was available.  So I installed
FC5, booted to it made sure everything was in order and configured the way I
like it. Then I edited grub.conf as stated with the chainloader statement
and shut down, connected the other drive back, and went on about my happy
dual-boot life.