Trouble installing FC5

Joe Fullenkamp joe at fullenkamp.net
Fri Apr 7 02:51:16 UTC 2006

I am trying to install Fedora Core 5 on a Compaq Presario 7110US, and can't
get passed the initial boot from the installation CD.  I verified the hash
of the files I downloaded.  The CD boots, brings up the splash screen, and I
hit enter to start the install from CD.  It outputs a bunch of information
about my system, the last line says "Uniform CD-ROM driver revision: 3.20",
and then everything hangs.

I have tried some of the other options, like noprobe, all with the same
result.  I even tried to verify the media, and it hangs at the same point.
I'm not trying to do a dual boot, or anything fancy, I just want to install
fedora on this machine.  Can anyone help???