few questions on mailscanner

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Apr 7 11:20:03 UTC 2006

Am Fr, den 07.04.2006 schrieb Ankush Grover um 12:16:

> hey friends,
>
> I am using MailScanner version 4.4 on Fedora Core 3 with Postfix 2.15.
> I am very much satisfied with the MailScanner now I want to make few
> changes in MailScanner like
>
> a) Adding Disclaimer for outgoing messages.

Has nothing to do with MailScanner. There is alterMIME
http://www.pldaniels.com/altermime/. But _please_ rethink about that
idea. Especially do not send out HTML formatted mails with a company
logo enclosed or such. And be aware that there are already enough stupid
disclaimer texts around:
http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/

> b) I want to forward all the messages marked as spam to a user and at
> the same time don't want to send the copy to the recipient(The forward
> does send a copy to the recipient).

Might be a topic for MailScanner. Else use Postfix's header_checks and
redirect spam mail into a specific FILTER.

> c) There are few ex employees of our company on whose ids we keep on
> getting spam , I want to ban or reject the mails send to their mail
> ids.

Then configure those mail addresses in Postfix to be not valid any
longer.

> d) Is there any way I can reject the mails based on subject header for
> example if a mail contains subject line as "sex" , I don't want to
> deliver mails containing such messages.

Please read Postfix's documentation, especially "header_checks",
"mime_header_checks" and "body_checks". Helpful might be
http://www.securitysage.com/antispam/intro.html.

> I know most of these questions are very simple to answer or they might
> be mentioned in the documentation but as my mail server is on
> production server I don't want to take any chances .

Anyway, if you want to change settings there is no way around them. Use
a test system first, if you are not sure about the causes of your
actions.

> Ankush Grover

Alexander

Serendipity 13:08:52 up 24 days, 13:56, load average: 0.09, 0.13, 0.11