FC4 and ipod

jack wallen jlwallen at monkeypantz.net
Fri Apr 7 12:57:22 UTC 2006

I installed gtkpod and installed libgpod today hoping to be able to use
my ipod with FC4 (been using it with my ibook for quite some time now).
when i take a look at dmesg (after plugging in the ipod) i see this:

usb 1-6: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-6: device descriptor read/all, error -71
usb 1-6: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
usb 1-6: device descriptor read/all, error -71
usb 1-6: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 6
usb 1-6: device not accepting address 6, error -71
usb 1-6: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 7
usb 1-6: device not accepting address 7, error -71

and gtkpod can not see the ipod.

i've googled this error but can't seem to find an answer. anyone have
any idea what this could be and how to resolve it?

thanks so much for any possible help.

--
\||/   jack wallen, jr                  || life's too short for pants
 00    soon to be head artist           || so get your skirt on @
  >    no really, an artist of heads -  || www.monkeypantz.net
 _     okay, okay...cosmetologist.      ||