dual booting XP and Linux

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 7 16:43:55 UTC 2006

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 19:38 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
>
>>Timothy Murphy wrote:

>>>That's nonsense.
>>
>>How can *you* know better than *I* what was easier
>>for *me*?
>>

>>>Millions of people are using to grub to boot Linux and/or Windows.
>>>It works perfectly well.
>>
>>I never said otherwise.
>>
>>[rest of crap cut]
>>
>>I have a machine which, if one overwrites the MBR, goes into
>>"recovery mode" and tries to reinstate WinXP as the boot.
>>
>>You don't know *everything* in the world, do you.
>>
>>So <insert your own favorite expletive here> off.
>>
>>Mike
>>--
>
> Why are you so violent in your responses. Yoiu took the remarks out of
> context.

What context is there in which being told what one has said
is "nonsense" would not be expected to evoke a negative response?
In what way is it unreasonable to be angry when one it told
that it is nonsense that one's machine behaves in a certain way,
by someone who obviously doesn't know what he's talking about?

How about if told you that your question was nonsense?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.