kernel errors

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Apr 8 08:10:48 UTC 2006

tbrowder:

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 16:20 -0500, Thad Nielsen wrote:
> System is having difficulty reading the drive.  If it is a CD or DVD
> drive, is there a good, readable disc in it?  If it is a hard drive,
> it is time to try fsck.  Good luck!

Cabling problems can also bring a similar fault warning.  Or other
things on the motherboard.  I've a motherboard where the EEPROM creeps
out of the socket (due to thermal reasons), and the first thing that
usually upsets is drive access.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.