yum local repos first?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Apr 8 11:30:06 UTC 2006

Paul Howarth wrote:

>> Is there some way to specify a repo "preference" so
>> that the local repos will be used to satisfy dependencies
>> before going to remote repos?
>
> Afraid not, unless you disable the core repo itself.

As a matter of interest,
what happens if the .repo file has two baseurl's listed?
In my case, it always seems to choose the first for "yum update".
My assumption was that it only looks at the second baseurl
if it does not find repomd.xml at the first.
Is that correct?

But what if you try "yum install" and it doesn't find the rpm
in the first baseurl ?
I assume it goes on to the next repo,
rather than looking at another baseurl in the same .repo file.
Is that correct?

I should say that I find yum a very impressive program,
in fact the best thing about Fedora ...

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366