Further question on LEAP handling

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 8 21:08:22 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 09:41 -0700, Dan Williams wrote:

> > > Unfortunately, NM does not support this authentication method yet.
> > > There is work happening for LEAP though, and it should appear soon.
> > >
> > My labtop double boots with Win XP and Fedora. The Windows driver
> > that I have on a CD does the LEAP authentication . Is is possible to
> > use this  Windows program through nidiswrapper to allow this LEAP
> > authentication in Fedora? If so is there a site that explains how?
>
> No, we need to get both NM and the driver you're using to support LEAP
> on the Linux side.  It's not extremely hard, just takes a bunch of code
> and debugging of the driver.  Does ndiswrapper support LEAP already?
>
> Dan

Now you have gotten me in the middle of my ignorance. Here was my logic:
1. The Windows driver I have for the ipw2200 wireless card supports
LEAP.
2. ndiswrapper I have been told allows one to use the Windows driver
under Linux.
3. So it seemed logical that using the Windows driver and ndiswrapper
under Linux would allow LEAP authentication under Linux.

Is there something wrong with my logic?
I am sending this to the relevant lists to see if I can get an answer
from someone on those lists.
--
Aaron Konstam
(210) 656-0355