Pirut issues

Dan grinnz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 08:19:21 UTC 2006

Chris Jones wrote:
>> Has anyone seen this issue? I couldn't find anything in bugzilla.
>>

> To be frank, its my experience that Pirut (and pup) are basically useless
> (actually worse than useless, as they do things you don't want or expect, and
> crash at every possible opportunity).
>
> I recommend the same as to everyone else I speak to about FC - just use yum
> directly at the command line - its a LOT more predictable, reliable and
> doesn't try to hide from you whats actually happening. Great for muppets,
> useless for anyone else.
>
> cheers Chris

I agree that pirut is misleading in its dialog boxes; however, you
should be able to prevent it from doing anything stupid if you read
through each dialog box including the expansion arrows! I think it would
be better if the expansion arrow in the dialog box when it
installs/updates/removes stuff for dependencies is open by default.
-Dan