CUPS error: "lpr: error - unable to print file: client-error-not-found"

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 9 20:55:58 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 10:47 -0800, Kam Leo wrote:
> On 4/9/06, Colin Brace <cb at lim.nl> wrote:
> > On 4/9/06, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Mixing system-config-printer and cups webinterface is a disaster
> > > in my experience.
> > >
> > > cups has some problems with local printers. Does your machine also print
> > > to other printers on the network
> >
> > Hi Aaron,
> >
> > I didn't use CUPS to configure this printer when I got FC5 up and
> > running several weeks ago; I simply added it with
> > system-config-printer. It worked fine, then spontaneously started
> > giving this error message as happened with you last August.
> >
> > This is the only printer I am using. The CUPS installed is v1.1.23-30.2
> >
> > Thanks for any ideas you might have on how to solve this...
> >
> > --
> >   Colin Brace
> >   Amsterdam
> >

> If you have not already done so disable cups-config-deamon. That
> service has been known to cause problems.

I agree with the suggestion above but I would also attempt to configure
the printer using cups web interface: localhost:631
But first remove the system-config-printer definition.

It won't make you feel better but cups configuration of local printers
is the thing that drives me closer to drink, and I don't drink.
--
Aaron Konstam
(210) 656-0355
akonstam at sbxglobal.net