query on SELinux

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Sat Apr 8 14:46:01 UTC 2006

Globe Trotter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a separate mounted drive containing /usr/local. My userspace is on
> /usr/local/trotter. It also contains my user account. When SELinux is updated:
> it often complains that the definitions are not set. How can this resolved?
>
> I don't want to move my login from /usr/local. I do not have a /home directory
> and I do not want one.
>
> Many thanks and best wishes,
> GT

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Is your homedir listed in /etc/passwd?

If you run genhomedircon does it say anything?

genhomedircon tries to discover where your homedirs are located and set
the file context correctly.  Some times it has a difficult time if the
directory

This seems to work for me.

useradd -d /usr/local/home/pwalsh mwalsh
genhomedircon
restorecon -R -v /usr/local/home