How to configure email client on FC5?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 10 14:20:27 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 15:06 +0200, bravo wrote:
> as I discovered Hotmail servise works on HTTP base and in Evolution
> like programs I can see only the IMAP POP etc. protocols. So the
> question is: if it possible to configure hotmail account on it?

There are some proxies that you can use to access the abnormal Hotmail
service with a normal mail client.  Some you run on your computer, some
are an external mail service that you run as a go between.  For
instance, I have a fastmail.fm account that gives me normal IMAP access
to a mailbox that periodically checks a Hotmail account.

I can't name one of the local proxies, but I recall someone mentioned
one on this list just a day or so ago.  Search back through the list.
The unsubscribe link at the bottom of the list mails should get you
through to the archive (unscribing is just one option following that
link provides, you won't automatically unsubscribe just by clicking on
it).

I read messages from the public lists.