AOL Customers

Randy Grimshaw rgrimsha at syr.edu
Mon Apr 10 17:22:54 UTC 2006

AOL is also blocking our church news...

I am a little reluctant to chime in on this thread because it seems to have been beaten to death that AOL and Yahoo will now guarantee delivery of your messages for a fee. What this translates to is postage for spam with a carelessly high false positive rate.

Unfortunately I am unaware of a means for subscibers to flag the non-spam messages.

I have exhausted the techniques available to send from my hosting provider, but messages from my home are accepted readily. As this is shared hosting I suspect that there are others from my ip space that AOL has legitimately chosen to block.

One possibile solution may be to offer free webmail accounts to our congregation using the hosting service. As part of the basic package, our provider includes sufficient numbers of accounts to accomplish this. YMMV.

<><Randy

<><Randall Grimshaw
Room 203 Machinery Hall
Syracuse University