Video editing

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Mon Apr 10 17:36:26 UTC 2006

Hello All,

I recently ventured into the world of video editing on my laptop.  Not
knowing anything about the subject and it's feasibility on my FC4
laptop, I did some research.  I eventually used Kino to capture videos.

The videos I captured are from an analog camera. It's hooked up to a
Sony digital camera that is doing the conversion and then feeding the
DVI to my laptop.  All of this is working great - good quality to boot.

The conversion reveals a blurry line along the bottom of the video.  I
know why it's caused, but what I don't know is how to remove it. Kino
doesn't appear to have an option to crop the frame, or to let me put a
black strip across that bit to hide it.

Does anyone know how I could remove/hide the blurry line from the
captured videos?  I'm going to encode the captured video, so I'd like to
clean it up as much as possible before I do.

Thanks,

Ranbir
--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu