Help: -- How to setup sendmail.mc and /etc/mail/authinfo for sbcglobal.net users??

Robinson Tiemuqinke hahaha_30k at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 10 22:48:56 UTC 2006

Hi,

 The authinfo without argument works. While receiving
emails still doesn't work.

 The following situations work:

 1, command 'telnet testnode01.example.com 25'.

 2, sending emails to user01 at testnode01.example.com,
or user01 at example.com from local machine.

 3, sending emails to user01 at testnode01.example.com
from Internet.

 The following situation fails:

 1, sending emails to user01 at example.com from
Internet, like my yahoo.com and gmail.com accounts.

 I've used ddclient to update IPs dynamically without
problems.

 The following are the contents in my
/etc/mail/local-host-names file:

[root at testnode01 mail]# cat local-host-names
# local-host-names - include all aliases for your
machine here.
example.com
testnode01.example.com
testnode01
mail
mail.example.com

Host resolve results are attached as well, both
example.com and mail.example.com are resolved to the
same IP.

[root at testnode01 mail]# host  example.com
example.com has address **.**.**.71
example.com mail is handled by 0 mail.example.com.
[root at testnode01 mail]# host mail.example.com
mail.example.com has address **.**.**.71
[root at testnode01 mail]#

my current sendmail.mc is attached as well.

Please have a look and help.

Thanks a lot.

http://mail.yahoo.com